The practice of performance review and appraisal discussions, which are common in many organisations, offers great opportunities for an employee to grow and develop himself professionally. In fact, these discussions are important to the employees as they get to understand the state of their progress, what it takes to move forward, as well as how their supervisors, as their coaches and appraisers, assess their performance.
We, as employees, can and should therefore, engage ourselves and make use of such discussions to benefit ourselves, and to seek self-improvement to fulfil our career aspirations and development.
This programme will equip you with an understanding of your role in managing your work performance, help you to appreciate the performance management processes and identify opportunities to leverage on performance discussions to improve yourself, initiate regular self-reflection using a simple yet effective framework and finally, know how you can be involved to make the performance discussions more conducive, positive and meaningful for your own professional growth.
At the end of the programme, you will be able to:
- establish clarity in your own performance expectations in your job roles and as a professional
- engage your supervisor constructively and positively during work review and appraisal discussion to learn and improve on the job
- identify and prioritise your own learning needs and areas of improvement
- initiate self-reflection on a regular basis and apply learning for personal and professional improvement
Who should attend
- Professionals, Managers and Executives (PMEs) who wish to take more ownership and have more control over their work performances and professional growth
- Employees who are new to the organisation or to their job roles who aspire to do well at work
The training programme will be delivered through a combination of e-learning, interactive short lectures, videos, fun-quizzes, individual and group exercises, sharing and discussions, case-studies, and guided reflection to achieve the desired learning outcome.
Upon successfully demonstrating competence in all the knowledge and skills requirements, you will be awarded a Statement of Attainment (SOA) by SkillsFuture Singapore (SSG).
Duration: 10 hours
- 7 hours facilitated workshop
- 2 hours e-learning
- 1 hours assessment
1. Understanding Expectations Required from Me as a Professional
- What does it mean to be a professional?
- How does performance management help me grow as a professional?
- Overview of performance management cycle
- What is the performance expectation of my current job role?
- How do I align my work behaviour to the desired behavioural expectations of my organisation?
2. Learning & Performing on the Job
- Why is self-reflection critical to growing as a professional?
- How to do self-reflection?
- How can I tap on resources and support at the workplace to grow?
- How do I engage my supervisors positively and constructively during appraisal to determine my performance and how to progress forward?
3. Deciding What I can Do to Grow Further Professionally
- How can I plan, prioritise and monitor my own development for career development purpose?
SME: S$228.00 (with WTS funding: S$216.00 | with MCES funding: S$228.00)
Non-SME: S$292.00 (with WTS funding: S$216.00 | with MCES funding: S$228.00)
Individuals: S$292.00 (with WTS funding: S$216.00 | with MCES funding: S$228.00)
* Fees shown refers to amount payable, inclusive of 7% GST.
Please visit our website for more details:
EON Consulting & Training Pte Ltd was established in 1996 and specialises in providing human capital consulting and training services to organisations in Singapore.
It has helped organisations improve on strategic human capital alignment and day-to-day HR operations through three main areas of support, namely, consulting, training and information service.
We build human capital capability and capacity through organisational development solutions.
To be the preferred human capital development partner in the Asia Pacific region.
Enthusiastic to take up challenges and adapt to changes.
SERVICE TO OTHERS
A positive presence, always trying to help and be useful to others.
Proactive and strives to conduct business at the highest technical and ethical standards.
A positive influence to others, a source of energy that motivates others to think out of the box.
Responsive and resourceful in adversity to bring results, deals with people and situations with respect even in challenging moments, a force of calmness, stability and reliability.
A life-long learner, always seeking better ways to do things. ...