As the engineering industry starts to scale towards greater complexity, many engineers face the problem of meeting the requirements to cater to both private and government agencies. The ESD Awareness and Control Training course will equip engineers and technicians to focus primarily on problems, engineering design and corrective measures to minimize or eliminate electrostatic discharge.
This course will focus on delivering different levels of perception, allowing engineers to identify and eliminate the threat from non-conductive materials and activities which create static electricity and ESD.
Engineers attending the course will be able to benefit through having a greater understanding of topics such as ESD components and control, grounding and testing, ESD handling and transportation.
Who Should Attend
This course is recommended for all types of manufacturing specialist, whether working with or managing the production of ESD sensitive components.
- Assembly personnel
- Inspection personnel
- Quality personnel
10 Sep 2021
10 Dec 2021
Copy the link to your browser for Course Brochure:
Training Grants Available! Email us at or Call us at for more information & registration!
- Introduction to static electricity and ESD
- Levels of perception and creating ESD
- Conductors, insulators and dissipative materials
- ESD sensitive components and control
- Personnel, grounding, wrist straps and shoe grounders
- Identifying and eliminating the threat from non-conductive materials in the work area
- Activities that create static electricity and ESD
- ESD safe handling, storage and transportation procedures
Wayne Leong is a certified Master Trainer with Blackfox (US) Training Institute in IPC-A-600, IPC-A-610 and IPC/WHMA-A-620. He also has an Advanced Certificate in Training & Assessment from Singapore Workforce.
During his 38 years of employment with various multi-national corporations and local organisations, Mr Leong has gained experience in equipment and fixture design; automation; manufacturing of multi-layers printed circuit boards, consumer products and plastic injection molding; and printed circuit board assembly. Mr Leong has also successfully launched AS 9100 quality management programmes in two companies: one for printed circuit-board assembly, and one for precision machining for avionics products.To date, Mr Leong has trained more than 700 engineers and managerial-level staff from various industries. He has also trained five groups of engineers in Mandarin, including two groups from Mainland China.
A group discount will be awarded if a group of 3 and above of participants register. The fees will be lowered to $600 per pax.
|Fri||01:00 PM — 05:00 PM|
|No. of Days:||1|
|No. of Participants:||8|
- In 2004, Wizlogix invested in high-end EDA tools to be used for in-house layout design services and explored into additional services such as PCB prototyping fabrication and assembly.
- In 2007, the Wizlogix Training Hub was established. Working with renowned trainers internationally, we aim to provide technical competency courses and certification programs for local engineers.
- In 2009, we further expanded to specialize in quick turn prototyping, New Product Introduction (NPI) and High Mix Low Volume (HMLV) builds.
- With the aim of expanding like an MNC, Wizlogix embarked on improving employee engagement through HR Capability Programmes in 2011.
- In 2012, we became an IPC member to gear ourselves towards a worldwide industry standard in PCB qualities acceptance.
- By 2013, Wizlogix was involved in the PCB layout of a joint commercial satellite design and development project between DSO and NTU, and the satellite design for Singapore Technologies. They are now known as ST (Satellite System). Since then, we became part of the space ecosystem in the government’s efforts towards nurturing this new industry. ...