IPC J-STD-001 CSE (Requirement for Soldered Electronic Assemblies) with Space Addendum - PracticalInquire Now
The IPC J-STD-001 is the course on Requirements for Soldered Electrical and Electronic Assemblies. This set of standards describes materials, methods and verification criteria for producing high-quality soldered leaded and lead-free interconnections. Emphasis
on this course will be placed on process control and introduced industry-wide requirements for a broad range of electronic connections. This hands-on solder training and certification program recognizes the soldering skills of individuals, through the series
of laboratory-intensive modules for surface mount technology, through-hole technology, wire and terminal assembly and the general soldered connection acceptance requirements. Upon Successful completion of this course, Operators will be certified to perform
Soldered Electrical and Electronic Assemblies on the IPC J-STD-001 procedures.
Included is the Space Hardware Addendum for those wishing to understand the extended requirements to ensure the reliability of soldered electrical and electronic assemblies that must survive the vibration and thermal cyclic environments in space and military applications.
The Space Hardware Addendum is not a stand-alone module, it requires the student to be certified to the IPC J-STD-001.
Who Should Attend?
- Line Personnel, Operators, Inspectors, Engineers, Buyers, Individuals interested in the subject
Copy the link to your browser for Course Brochure:
Training Grants Available! Email us at or Call us at for more information & registration!
What you will learn:
- General requirements such as safety, tools and electrostatic discharge (ESD)
- Wire and terminal assembly requirements, demonstrations and laboratory
- Through-hole technology requirements, demonstrations and laboratory
- Surface-mount technology requirements, demonstrations and laboratory
- General soldered connection acceptance requirements (including lead free)
- Test methods and related standards
- Statistical process control methodology
- Inspection skills
- Space & military application module
The IPC Certified Standards Expert (CSE) Course is a standards-based certification program with a validity of 2 years.
Individuals that have completed the CSE course but have failed to pass a certification exam may attempt to retake the exam after the cool down period of 14 days.
Loh Wee Kong is a Master Trainer (MIT) of Blackfox (US) Training Institute. He is certified to train on both CIT & CIS for IPC 610, IPC J-STD 001 & IPC 7711/7721.
He has over 23 years of experience in the PCBA industry. He was a Principal Process Engineer before he became a full-time trainer. For over 9 years in his career, he has been undertaking development tasks and conducting internal IPC training. He has extensive hands on experience in PCBA’s processes that includes Prototyping and Mass production. He also excels in programming, operating and maintaining SMT machines, Wavesoldering machines, Conformal coating machines and rework stations. His recent development includes Parylene coating and Parylene rework process.
|Weekdays||09:00 AM — 06:00 PM|
|No. of Days:||5|
|No. of Participants:||6|
- In 2004, Wizlogix invested in high-end EDA tools to be used for in-house layout design services and explored into additional services such as PCB prototyping fabrication and assembly.
- In 2007, the Wizlogix Training Hub was established. Working with renowned trainers internationally, we aim to provide technical competency courses and certification programs for local engineers.
- In 2009, we further expanded to specialize in quick turn prototyping, New Product Introduction (NPI) and High Mix Low Volume (HMLV) builds.
- With the aim of expanding like an MNC, Wizlogix embarked on improving employee engagement through HR Capability Programmes in 2011.
- In 2012, we became an IPC member to gear ourselves towards a worldwide industry standard in PCB qualities acceptance.
- By 2013, Wizlogix was involved in the PCB layout of a joint commercial satellite design and development project between DSO and NTU, and the satellite design for Singapore Technologies. They are now known as ST (Satellite System). Since then, we became part of the space ecosystem in the government’s efforts towards nurturing this new industry. ...