As the PCB design industry moves towards high-density and complex boards, designers are facing issues in areas such as crosstalk, high-speed or EMI. But with little or no knowledge of industry standards and common practices in signal integrity, resolving these problems can be a challenge.
This advanced syllabus covers the essential fundamentals in Impedance Design, Signal Integrity, Layout for Crosstalk Minimization, Power and Ground Routing Techniques, EMI Electromagnetic Interference and Shielding to provide you with skills that are crucial
in the current era of electronic system designs. Understand the concepts behind SI and EMI, where they come from and how to control them on a PCB board design to boost system performance.
Pre-requisite: IPC CID (Certified Interconnect Designer) certified
Who Should Attend?
- Hardware Engineers
- Electronic Product Designers
- CAD Layout Designer
- PCB Designer & DFM PCB Engineers
- R&D Engineer in Electronics-related Industry
- Managers and Personnel Involved with Electronics Board Design, PCB Design and Layout
*This is an ONLINE REMOTE TRAINING course.*
Important Information for remote online training
Online Course Duration is changed to 7 days from ordinary 4 days (3 days triaining + 1 day exam) of physical course.
This remote online training (live stream only) spends 6 days of training and the 7th day is the exam. The normal onsite training is 3 days. In view of short online attention span, it is recommended 2.5 to 3 hours of training for AM and PM session. AM session is to be live streamed at 9.30am-12.30pm and PM session is live streamed at 2-4pm. The actual hours may be slightly longer depending on any questions arising from participants. A break interval of 5 min is scheduled after 1 hour of lecture. The training sessions cannot be recorded as per IPC policy on remote online training conducted. Participants are advised to prepare in advance the study guide and to take notes during the remote online live stream training.
More Course Dates:
Copy the link to your browser for Course Brochure:
Training Grants Available! Email us at or Call us at for more information & registration!
- Board Material Properties
- Plating Characteristics for Conductors and Holes
- Surface Finish and Treatment Characteristics
- Solder Mask/Coating, Material Properties and Compatibility
- Homogenous Material Performance Capability
- Assembly Test Implementation
- Test Points / Land Pattern Feature Differentiation
- In-Process Test Coupons
- Highly Accelerated Stress Test Evaluation
- Management Tools and Techniques for Product Quality Life-Cycle Tracking
- Design Standards to Meet Fabrication and Assembly Goals
- Fabrication Equipment Board Size Limitations
- Printed Board Length to Width Relationships
- Broad from Panel Excising Requirements
- Copper Balance Effects on Printed Board Fabrication
- Printed Board Thermal Management Techniques
- Controlled Expansion Construction using Special Cores
- Physical Board Dielectric Parameters
- Non-Standard Mechanical Outline (Case) Integration
- Individual Board Tooling Considerations
- Panelization Strategy for Manufacturing Process
- Blind and Buried Vias
- Electrical Clearance and Dielectric Spacing
- Power and Ground Routing Techniques
- Conductor Current Carrying Capacity vs. Temperature Rise
- Layout Approaches for Crosstalk Minimization
- Shielding Techniques to Prevent Signal Emission
- Test Evaluations for EMI Emissions/Susceptibility
- General Principals of Impedance Control
- Signal Integrity Analysis
Component & Assembly Issues
- Component Comparison Between Area and Peripheral Arrays
- Component Mounting Strategies
- Component Assembly Strategy and Sequence Analysis
- Component Mounting Shock and Vibration Requirements
- Evaluation of Component Attachment Methods
- Material List Development
- Printed Board Tolerance Analysis (Manual vs. Automated)
- Documentation to Facilitate Design to Fabrication Interface
- Printed Board and Assembly Data Format Standardization
- Assembly Repair and Modifcation Tools and Techniques
Achieve a passing score of 73% to obtain the Life-time IPC Advanced Certified Interconnect Designers (CID+) certificate.
Ms Cheah Soo Lan was appointed as a PCB Designer Certified CID (2007) and CID+ (2010) Trainer by IPC USA for Southeast Asia, China and India. She was later appointed the Master Trainer (Design-CID) in 2013 under IPC (US) for Asia-Pacific. To-date, she has taught led approximately 400 participants (in Malaysia/Singapore) through the workshop & exam since 2007.
Soo Lan is currently the volunteer co-chairman for IPD Designers Council (Southeast Asia). She helps to promote IPC standards with a focus on technical consulting, professional technical education and content development. With more than 25 years of working experience, Soo Lan has expertise across a broad range of subjects including signal integrity, CAD tools, electrical modelling and characterisations and circuit simulation. In addition to PCB layout design, she is also well versed in Analog IC layout design. Over the years, she has conducted presentations in various conferences as well as workshops and trainings for numerous in-house high-speed design courses. She has also conducted training with many well-known companies in Malaysia and Singapore, including Intel, Avago, Motorola, Plexus, Bose, SOME, Benchmark and more.
Soo Lan graduated with a BEng (Hons) from the University of Essex (UK) in 1993, and an MSc (Microelectronics) from the National University of Singapore in 1999.
A group discount will be awarded if a group of 3 or more participants register. The fees will be lowered to $4,299 per pax.
|Mon, Tue, Wed, Thu, Fri||09:00 AM — 05:00 PM|
|No. of Days:||7|
|No. of Participants:||30|
- In 2004, Wizlogix invested in high-end EDA tools to be used for in-house layout design services and explored into additional services such as PCB prototyping fabrication and assembly.
- In 2007, the Wizlogix Training Hub was established. Working with renowned trainers internationally, we aim to provide technical competency courses and certification programs for local engineers.
- In 2009, we further expanded to specialize in quick turn prototyping, New Product Introduction (NPI) and High Mix Low Volume (HMLV) builds.
- With the aim of expanding like an MNC, Wizlogix embarked on improving employee engagement through HR Capability Programmes in 2011.
- In 2012, we became an IPC member to gear ourselves towards a worldwide industry standard in PCB qualities acceptance.
- By 2013, Wizlogix was involved in the PCB layout of a joint commercial satellite design and development project between DSO and NTU, and the satellite design for Singapore Technologies. They are now known as ST (Satellite System). Since then, we became part of the space ecosystem in the government’s efforts towards nurturing this new industry. ...