55th RELC International Conference - Sustainable Language Education: Standards, Strategies and SystemsInquire Now
This conference aims to bring together language educators, classroom practitioners, researchers, school leaders and policy makers to review, re-calibrate and re-align new standards, strategies and learning systems to bring about long-lasting, sustainable learning outcomes for language learners.
To provide academics, classroom practitioners and education leaders with a forum for sharing current research and practice on the influence of new technologies and learning systems on language education
- To promote a dialogue on effective strategies and systemic approaches that will bring about sustainable learning outcomes in language education
- To develop a greater understanding of new varieties and standards of English, as well as new policy initiatives in language education
- To share best practice and research on current trends in language learning, teaching and assessment
New technologies and learning systems and their influence on language education
- Strategies and systemic approaches for sustainable learning outcomes in language education
- New varieties and standards of English and their impact on classroom teaching
- Current trends in language learning, teaching and assessment
- New policy initiatives and best practice in language education
- Standards and quality assurance in language education
- Sustainable teacher professional development and lifelong learning
- Changing inter-cultural perspectives on language education and research
Link to register:
Established in 1968, SEAMEO Regional Language Centre (RELC) is one of twenty-four specialist centres set up by the Southeast Asian Ministers of Education Organization (SEAMEO). The Centre’s activities are guided by the following philosophy:
“We believe that language education will lead to an improved quality of life for people in the region and to greater international cooperation”.
SEAMEO RELC has built a strong reputation for providing quality courses to meet different learning needs for language teachers and learners over the past 50 years. These range from short courses with focused themes, to certification courses such as specialist certificates and a master’s degree course. The Centre also offers customized proficiency courses in English, Mandarin and other languages, which are designed to meet the needs of specific groups of people. Our course participants come from varied backgrounds and are of different ages, including students, working adults, officials and educators from the region and beyond. Course participants have come from Brunei Darussalam, Cambodia, China, Indonesia, Japan, Laos, Malaysia, Myanmar, the Philippines, Singapore, South Korea, Taiwan, Thailand, and Vietnam. ...