Are you leading a team of people who are more experienced than you? Do you hope to push for healthy changes within your team but are not sure how and where to start?
Whether you are leading a small team or multiple teams, becoming an effective leader is possible if you can appreciate the science and be shown the way early in your leadership journey. By developing your leadership skills, you will be better able to motivate your team to perform, build trust and competence, rather than constantly firefighting.
After the workshop, you will be able to:
- appreciate the roles and functions of a supervisor
- understand the critical success factors to having and sustaining a high performing team
- apply the coaching model to facilitate workplace learning and change
- use basic problem solving model to plan and prioritise workplace changes
- What does being a supervisor mean?
– Understand the change in roles and responsibilities of a supervisor
– Common challenges faced upon taking up the role
– Importance of lifelong learning for a supervisor
- Leadership Styles
– Understand the different types of leadership styles
– Understand the different types of personalities
– Appreciate the qualities of a successful leader
- Working through others
– Understand the different types of motivation based on Maslow’s Hierarchy of Needs
– Steps to creating a motivating environment
– Creating synergies in team
- Sustaining high performing teams
– Aspects of the onboarding process
– The Commitment Curve
– Managing performance
- Coaching for change
– The GROW Coaching Model
– Managing change
– The Dialogue Model
– The Consequences and Benefits Matrix
- Getting the problems solved
– Understand and appreciate The Problem Solving Model
– Explore the techniques of using The Problem Solving Toolkit
– Prioritising problem
- Making the right decisions
– Understand the different types of decisions
– Develop decision-making skills
– Understand and avoid decision-making traps
Mr Andy Chong has built a successful career in People Leadership and Team Development with extensive experience in coaching teams and individuals to drive compelling business outcomes, thus he is uniquely positioned to coach leaders, teams and organisations to unleash their fullest potential.
In the past 10 years, he has worked with a diverse range of organisations from MNCs to small and large family businesses, government agencies and NGOs, bringing together teams and strengthening the interpersonal relationships that exist within business environments for the purpose of enhancing team performance and employee engagement.
Earlier on in his career, Andy spent 10 years leading multinational, culturally diverse Customer Support Teams for Fortune 500 companies like Microsoft, HP, Research in Motion (Blackberry), Singtel, Reuters, and Fujitsu; capping his corporate career with the Fujitsu President’s Award for Outstanding Achievement.
Andy is also an accredited IBM Enterprise Design Thinking instructor, LEGO Serious Play facilitator, Agile facilitator and Game Thinking coach.His area of expertise is in Team Development, Human-Centered Leadership, Supervisory & Managerial Skills, Conflict Management, Critical Problem-Solving skills, Creativity & Innovation; Design Thinking, Systems Thinking, and Gamification.
Check our website for respective early bird dates:
|09:00 AM — 05:00 PM|
|No. of Days:||2|
|No. of Participants:||25|
EON Consulting & Training Pte Ltd was established in 1996 and specialises in providing human capital consulting and training services to organisations in Singapore.
It has helped organisations improve on strategic human capital alignment and day-to-day HR operations through three main areas of support, namely, consulting, training and information service.
We build human capital capability and capacity through organisational development solutions.
To be the preferred human capital development partner in the Asia Pacific region.
Enthusiastic to take up challenges and adapt to changes.
SERVICE TO OTHERS
A positive presence, always trying to help and be useful to others.
Proactive and strives to conduct business at the highest technical and ethical standards.
A positive influence to others, a source of energy that motivates others to think out of the box.
Responsive and resourceful in adversity to bring results, deals with people and situations with respect even in challenging moments, a force of calmness, stability and reliability.
A life-long learner, always seeking better ways to do things. ...