Watch the recorded session of our live webinar conducted last October 2020. Click the view this course or follow this link (http://salvoglobal.com/edu-course/whats-new-with-virtual-employee-engagement/) to register and get the link to the video.
In many countries, high percentages of workers are working from home or from other remote locations to reduce the spread of the coronavirus. But remote work poses unique challenges. Research on people who work from home indicates that people must deal with:
- Setting consistent routines
- Minimizing distractions
- Finding consistent places to work
- Managing technology
- Maintaining communication and social relationships with managers and co-workers
- Managing self to overcome feelings of isolation
How can these challenges be addressed, and what do they have to do with engagement? What special issues are created by virtual engagement? How can engagement be tailored to ensure people feel better by working from home, feel “in the flow” when they work from home, and gain feelings of helping others while working from home? This complimentary 1-hr webinar, exclusively offered to Salvo’s clients will address these questions.
Upon completing the session, participants will be able to:
- Define employee engagement
- Describe what is unique about virtual employee engagement
- List special challenges posed by work from home and how it relates to employee engagement
- Describe strategies to build and preserve a high engagement culture when work is done from home
- Hourly workers
- Managers and supervisors
- C-suite executives
- HR professionals
- OD professionals
- Training/learning professionals
Participants will receive a free tool/checklist
- Opening poll
- Overview of this session
- Objectives of this session
- About the presenter
- What are your major issues with employee engagement?
II Employee Engagement for Work-from-Home Employees
- Overview of the section
- What is employee engagement?
- What are the special challenges to engagement posed by work-from-home?
- How are the challenges overcome?
- What are the special advantages of work-from-home?
- How can special advantages of work-from-home be leveraged to advantage?
III Building a High Engagement Corporate Culture in Virtual Work
- Overview of the section
- What is a high engagement corporate culture?
- What is really new with virtual engagement? Special strategies
IV Summary and Final Q & A
- Session summary
- Final questions and answers (Q & A)
- President of a leading full-service consulting company based in the US
*Provided consultation for more than 50 MNCs
- Professor, Pennsylvania State University
*Heads the #1 ranked HRD Graduate Program in the US
- Author of more than 300 books and articles, including the famous “Effective Succession Planning”
- Honoured with ASTD 2011 Distinguished Contribution Award in Workplace Learning &Performance and 2013 ASTD CO CPLP Fellow