The purpose of this training is to enhance your existing Excel modeling skills and learn how to build and modify financial models faster by learning and applying industry best practices. The seminar highlights the core financial model design and construction techniques that every modeler should know. It will allow participants to adopt a structured and comprehensive design strategy to develop rigorous financial models, in less time and with greater accuracy.
This hands-on workshop will also teach you how to perform risk analysis and apply uncertainty into a model and undertake a more dynamic analysis to improve decision making by developing a risk assessment into an @RISK model. Participants will be introduced to the concepts and methods necessary to simulate almost all potential future outcomes, develop a risk assessment and make solid decisions under uncertainty.
The hands-on workshop will consist of the following activities:
- Adding uncertainty to deterministic models
- Select the proper distributions depending on the nature of their model / project
- Fit distributions to data
- Incorporate correlation in risk analysis and discuss its importance
- Interpret simulation results and produce reports in Excel
- UNDERSTAND essential steps in designing simple, yet powerful financial models and cope with well-known model complexities by applying best practice modelling principles and techniques
- APPLY core and advanced spreadsheet functions and techniques to construct effective models
- LEARN to create and compare alternative scenarios – base case, best case, worst case.
- LEARN and practice the main principles and techniques in quantitative risk analysis
- IDENTIFY the importance of uncertainty for model building and decision making and LEARN how to select distributions and incorporate uncertainty in a financial model.
- APPLY and INTERPRET Monte Carlo simulation results and learn how to combine optimization and simulation
- MASTER the development of models for project appraisal and decision making
- Over 25 years of experience in helping firms across the world to improve financial forecasting and upgrade their decision-making process.
- Developed a best practice cost model and streamlined the Quantitative Cost Risk Analysis (QCRA) for UK governments for its multi-billion military defense program. Overall report update times improved from an average of 4-5 days to an hour and business insights and decision making reached new levels through the use of automations achieved by advanced data analysis and visualization using Power BI.
- Developed a bespoke REIT model for a top investment bank in GCC area catering for alternative scenarios and enhancing the decision-making process for the fund team.
- Hired as a financial expert from the European Court of Auditors (ECA) in order to assess the effectiveness of Balance of Payments and EFMS borrowing activities of EU. The task involved the thorough qualitative and quantitative analysis of the borrowing activities for each EU issuance under those programs and the benchmarking with global accepted standards/practices.
- Chief Financial Officer of a Monaco-based fund, working within a growing private group of companies primarily focused on Angel Investing, Real Estate, F&B/Hospitality Industry and Shipping.
- Hands-on experience in a number of industry sectors, including financial services, education and retail. In the business training area, he has provided training to more than 1500 business professionals focusing on financial modelling, data analytics, asset allocation, portfolio management and risk analysis.
|02:00 PM — 05:00 PM|
|No. of Days:||4|
|No. of Participants:||20|