As a responsible leader you know the importance of safety and health. Now learn its value.
As a senior executive, your time is precious. That’s why IOSH designed Leading Safely course in partnership with business leaders to cover only what you need, in as short a time as possible. It provides relevant and practical solutions in harnessing safety and health by integrating into the organisations’ culture and the potential positive impacts on business.
Regardless the size of your organisation, the course will show you how investing in safety and health can reap valuable business benefits, including better productivity, increased profits, an enhanced reputation and a stronger brand.KEY Learning Points
- Recognising the value of strategic safety and health and its integration into business management systems and performance.
- Understanding your safety and health responsibilities.
- Appreciating the consequences of poor safety and health.
- Planning the overall direction for safety and health in your organisation.
- Understanding the importance of adequately resourcing your safety and health management system.
- Knowing why you should monitor and review your safety and health performance.
- A reduction in accident rates, absence and sick leave.
- Increased productivity and profits.
- An improved reputation among suppliers, clients and partners.
- Reduced insurance premiums and legal costs.
- Better business continuity.
Delegates will need to complete 1 hour of e-learning study prior to attending a 6 hour classroom training session.Who Should Attend?
Designed for anyone with leadership responsibilities – CEOs, MDs, senior managers, directors and executives in a wide range of companies, large or small, in any sector. It will convince leaders that effective safety and health management will create real and lasting business benefits.Assessment
- Initial diagnostic questionnaire on your safety and health leadership behaviours.
- Personalised report based on your responses, including recommendations on actions to take and improvements to make.
- Case study review, tailored to your needs and industry. Includes 'how things can go wrong', 'getting it right' – a follow-on scenario based around putting improvements in place using Plan-Do-Check-Act HSMS and integration into business systems.
- Assessment involved completing a personal commitment which is a set of actions to take following the recommendations in your report and other learning.
Delegates, who attended and successfully completed both the practical and written assessments, will be awarded an IOSH Leading Safety certificate, issued by the Institute of Occupational Safety and Health (IOSH) in the UK.
Delegates can receive continued access to the IOSH for Leaders app, access to relevant news, guidance and IOSH social media even after the course has finished.IN-HOUSE TRAINING
This course can be tailored to reflect your organisation's system of work. It can also be presented as an in-company package at your company's facility and/or preferred location. For further details such as corporate rates and schedules, please contact us.
For more information contact us at [email protected]
- Safety and health and what it means for different leadership roles
- The responsibilities and behaviours of a leader
- What effective health and safety leadership looks like
- What happens when things go wrong
- How leaders can make improvements
- The benefits of effective safety leadership
To provide professional quality training in the field of commercial diving, safety management, medical and first aid training as well as to promote safety and encourage pro-activeness among organisations.
- The largest training provider in Asia offering courses approved by International Accredited Bodies such as IMCA, NEBOSH, IOSH & IRATA and the leading accredited Training Provider for NEBOSH and IOSH courses in Asia pacific region.
- More than a decade of training excellence delivering to a wide spectrum of onshore construction and service industries and to offshore Oil & Gas and Marine industries.
- KBA’s management system has received full accreditation by ISO 9001:2008 & OHSAS 18001:2007. ...