The Introduction to Electro-static Discharge and Moisture Sensitive Device Awareness and Control Training Program is a worker proficiency training and certification program for design and manufacturing engineers, quality and inspection personnel. Developed by IPC, this training program aims to allow participants to learn the technical requirements for ESD and MSD Awareness and Control.
Topics related to Electrostatic Discharge (ESD) include conductors, insulators and dissipative materials, ESD sensitive components, ESD control, grounding and testing. The second half of the training program covers the introduction of Moisture Sensitive Device (MSD), handling and packaging for such devices and moisture damage prevention.
Who Should Attend
This course is recommended for all types of manufacturing specialist, whether working with or managing the production of ESD sensitive components.
- Assembly personnel
- Inspection personnel
- Quality personnel
09 - 10 Sep 2021
09 - 10 Dec 2021
Copy the link to your browser for Course Brochure:
- Introduction to static electricity and ESD
- Levels of perception and creating ESD
- Conductors, insulators and dissipative materials
- ESD sensitive components and control
- Personnel, grounding, wrist straps and shoe grounders
- Identifying and eliminating the threat from non-conductive materials in the work area
- Activities that create static electricity and ESD
- The ESD protected area
- ESD safe handling, storage and transportation procedures
Day 2 - MSD Modules
- Introduction to moisture-sensitive devices
- Handling moisture-sensitive devices
- Preventing moisture damage
- IPC/JEDEC J-STD-020: Moisture/Reflow Sensitivity Classification for Non-hermetic Solid State surface mount devices
IPC J-STD-033 guidelines for Handling, Packing, Shipping and Use of Moisture Sensitive Surface Mount Devices
Wayne Leong is a certified Master Trainer with Blackfox (US) Training Institute in IPC-A-600, IPC-A-610 and IPC/WHMA-A-620. He also has an Advanced Certificate in Training & Assessment from Singapore Workforce.
During his 38 years of employment with various multi-national corporations and local organisations, Mr Leong has gained experience in equipment and fixture design; automation; manufacturing of multi-layers printed circuit boards, consumer products and plastic injection molding; and printed circuit board assembly. Mr Leong has also successfully launched AS 9100 quality management programmes in two companies: one for printed circuit-board assembly, and one for precision machining for avionics products.To date, Mr Leong has trained more than 700 engineers and managerial-level staff from various industries. He has also trained five groups of engineers in Mandarin, including two groups from Mainland China.
A group discount will be awarded if a group of:
- 3 to 4 participants register. The fees will be lowered to $1700 per pax
- 5 to 9 participants register. The fees will be lowered to $1500 per pax
- more than 10 participants register. The fees will be lowered to $1300 per pax
|Thu, Fri||09:00 AM — 05:00 PM|
|No. of Days:||2|
|No. of Participants:||6|
- In 2004, Wizlogix invested in high-end EDA tools to be used for in-house layout design services and explored into additional services such as PCB prototyping fabrication and assembly.
- In 2007, the Wizlogix Training Hub was established. Working with renowned trainers internationally, we aim to provide technical competency courses and certification programs for local engineers.
- In 2009, we further expanded to specialize in quick turn prototyping, New Product Introduction (NPI) and High Mix Low Volume (HMLV) builds.
- With the aim of expanding like an MNC, Wizlogix embarked on improving employee engagement through HR Capability Programmes in 2011.
- In 2012, we became an IPC member to gear ourselves towards a worldwide industry standard in PCB qualities acceptance.
- By 2013, Wizlogix was involved in the PCB layout of a joint commercial satellite design and development project between DSO and NTU, and the satellite design for Singapore Technologies. They are now known as ST (Satellite System). Since then, we became part of the space ecosystem in the government’s efforts towards nurturing this new industry. ...