Without a solid foundation in the critical acceptance criteria for target, acceptable and non-conforming conditions for bare printed circuit boards, it’s easy to make a mistake and accept a defective product. But with IPC-A-600 training and certification, you’ll be able to promptly and accurately identify any anomalies associated with the boards and be empowered to make the right decisions during your job.
This standard is most widely used among PCB manufacturers and assemblers to have a better understanding of board quality issues. The course will cover PCB classification and acceptance criteria, base material surface conditions, solder resist coverage and dielectric material criteria.
Who Should Attend?
- Line Personnel, Operators, Inspectors, Engineers, Buyers, Individuals interested in the subject whose certification is expiring/expired 90 days before or after the existing certification expiration date.
Copy the link to your browser for Course Brochure:
Email us at or Call us at for more information & registration!
What you will learn:
- Printed board product classifications and acceptance criteria
- Base material surface and subsurface conditions, such as measling/crazing
- Solder resist coverage over conductors and registration to lands
- Conductor width and spacing and annular ring requirements
- Dielectric material criteria for etchback, voids and resin recession
- Plated-through hole requirements for copper plating thickness, voids, nodules and cracks
- Acceptance criteria for flexible, rigid-flex and metal core printed board
- The recertification process will have to be completed within the 90-day window before or within six months after the existing certification expiration date.
- The new certification expiration will be exactly 2 years following the existing expiration date.
- For recertification completed more than 90 days before the existing expiration, the new 2-year expiration will be established from the actual month of recertification.
Wayne Leong is a certified Master Trainer with Blackfox (US) Training Institute in IPC-A-600, IPC-A-610 and IPC/WHMA-A-620. He also has an Advanced Certificate in Training & Assessment from Singapore Workforce.
During his 38 years of employment with various multi-national corporations and local organisations, Mr Leong has gained experience in equipment and fixture design; automation; manufacturing of multi-layers printed circuit boards, consumer products and plastic injection molding; and printed circuit board assembly. Mr Leong has also successfully launched AS 9100 quality management programmes in two companies: one for printed circuit-board assembly, and one for precision machining for avionics products.To date, Mr Leong has trained more than 1000 engineers and managerial-level staff from various industries. He has also trained five groups of engineers in Mandarin, including two groups from Mainland China.
|Wed||09:00 AM — 06:00 PM|
|No. of Days:||1|
|No. of Participants:||15|
- In 2004, Wizlogix invested in high-end EDA tools to be used for in-house layout design services and explored into additional services such as PCB prototyping fabrication and assembly.
- In 2007, the Wizlogix Training Hub was established. Working with renowned trainers internationally, we aim to provide technical competency courses and certification programs for local engineers.
- In 2009, we further expanded to specialize in quick turn prototyping, New Product Introduction (NPI) and High Mix Low Volume (HMLV) builds.
- With the aim of expanding like an MNC, Wizlogix embarked on improving employee engagement through HR Capability Programmes in 2011.
- In 2012, we became an IPC member to gear ourselves towards a worldwide industry standard in PCB qualities acceptance.
- By 2013, Wizlogix was involved in the PCB layout of a joint commercial satellite design and development project between DSO and NTU, and the satellite design for Singapore Technologies. They are now known as ST (Satellite System). Since then, we became part of the space ecosystem in the government’s efforts towards nurturing this new industry. ...