With many corporations actively pursuing IPC standards, getting certified and being well-versed in the intricacies of end-product acceptance criteria for consumer and high-reliability printed circuit assemblies will make you a valuable asset in any company. The most widely used inspection standard in the electronics industry, the IPC-A-610 certification is a must-have for any engineering professional looking to stay ahead of the curve.
Application on areas such as soldering criteria, soldered connection requirements, component mounting criteria and jumper wire assembly requirements will be taught in this three day course. This training will focus on what operators and inspectors will need to know when making acceptance and rejection decisions for assembled boards.
Who Should Attend?
- Line Personnel, Operators, Inspectors, Engineers, Buyers, Individuals interested in the subject who certification is expiring/expired 90 days before or after the existing certification expiration date.
Copy the link to your browser for Course Brochure:
Email us at or Call us at for more information & registration!
What you will learn:
- Purpose and application of IPC-A-610
- Hardware installation
- Soldering criteria, including lead-free connections
- Soldered connection requirements for plated-through holes
- Surface mounting criteria for chip components, leadless and leaded chip carriers
- Swaged hardware, and heatsink requirements of mechanical assemblies
- Component mounting criteria for DIPS, socket pins and card edge connectors
- Jumper wire assembly requirements
- Solder fillet dimensional criteria for all major SMT component groups
- Soldering, such as tombstoning, dewetting, voiding and more
- Criteria for component damage, laminate conditions, cleaning and coating
- To help assure CIT candidates' future as trainers, the CIT program also includes the Full Trainer’s Kit.
- The recertification process will have to be completed within the 90-day window before or within six months after the existing certification expiration date.
- The new certification expiration will be exactly 2 years following the existing expiration date.
- For recertification completed more than 90 days before the existing expiration, the new 2-year expiration will be established from the actual month of recertification.
- CIT certifications that have expired for more than 6 months will not be eligible to take the recertification course or challenge test. The CIT will need to attend the full certification course.
Participants are advised to bring your own laptops for online assessment.
Wayne Leong is a certified Master Trainer with Blackfox (US) Training Institute in IPC-A-600, IPC-A-610 and IPC/WHMA-A-620. He also has an Advanced Certificate in Training & Assessment from Singapore Workforce.
During his 38 years of employment with various multi-national corporations and local organisations, Mr Leong has gained experience in equipment and fixture design; automation; manufacturing of multi-layers printed circuit boards, consumer products and plastic injection molding; and printed circuit board assembly. Mr Leong has also successfully launched AS 9100 quality management programmes in two companies: one for printed circuit-board assembly, and one for precision machining for avionics products.To date, Mr Leong has trained more than 1000 engineers and managerial-level staff from various industries. He has also trained five groups of engineers in Mandarin, including two groups from Mainland China.
|Wed||09:00 AM — 06:00 PM|
|No. of Days:||1|
|No. of Participants:||15|
- In 2004, Wizlogix invested in high-end EDA tools to be used for in-house layout design services and explored into additional services such as PCB prototyping fabrication and assembly.
- In 2007, the Wizlogix Training Hub was established. Working with renowned trainers internationally, we aim to provide technical competency courses and certification programs for local engineers.
- In 2009, we further expanded to specialize in quick turn prototyping, New Product Introduction (NPI) and High Mix Low Volume (HMLV) builds.
- With the aim of expanding like an MNC, Wizlogix embarked on improving employee engagement through HR Capability Programmes in 2011.
- In 2012, we became an IPC member to gear ourselves towards a worldwide industry standard in PCB qualities acceptance.
- By 2013, Wizlogix was involved in the PCB layout of a joint commercial satellite design and development project between DSO and NTU, and the satellite design for Singapore Technologies. They are now known as ST (Satellite System). Since then, we became part of the space ecosystem in the government’s efforts towards nurturing this new industry. ...