In a highly competitive business environment, certification represents a stellar display of your qualifications, knowledge and skills. At IPC, we help you achieve just that. Leverage on this certification, the most important process, materials and inspection standard for the cable and wire harness industry and gain a competitive edge in the industry. Through this course, you will be able to achieve crystal clear guidelines on quality workmanship standards in cable and wire harness assemblies, identify and troubleshoot problems to boost your overall competency and productivity.
Participants will be able to better understand standards related to cable preparation and testing, crimp terminations, soldering to terminals, insulation displacement connections and solderless wire wrap.
Who Should Attend?
- Line Personnel, Operators, Inspectors, Engineers, Buyers, Individuals interested in the subject
More Course Dates:
03 - 06 May 2021
10 - 13 Aug 2021
08 - 11 Nov 2021
Copy the link to your browser for Course Brochure:
Training Grants Available! Email us at or Call us at for more information & registration!
- Maintaining integrity of the certification program
- Cable/wire preparation
- Measuring cable assemblies and wires
- Testing cable assemblies
- Crimp terminations
- Insulation displacement connections (IDC)
- Soldering to terminals
- Marking and labeling
- Wire bundle securing, shielding and protective coverings
- Coaxial and twinaxial cable assemblies
- Solderless wire wrap
The IPC Certified Standards Expert (CSE) Course is a standards-based certification program with a validity of 2 years.
Individuals that have completed the CSE course but have failed to pass a certification exam may attempt to retake the exam after the cool down period of 14 days.
Wayne Leong is a certified Master Trainer with Blackfox (US) Training Institute in IPC-A-600, IPC-A-610 and IPC/WHMA-A-620. He also has an Advanced Certificate in Training & Assessment from Singapore Workforce.
During his 38 years of employment with various multi-national corporations and local organisations, Mr Leong has gained experience in equipment and fixture design; automation; manufacturing of multi-layers printed circuit boards, consumer products and plastic injection molding; and printed circuit board assembly. Mr Leong has also successfully launched AS 9100 quality management programmes in two companies: one for printed circuit-board assembly, and one for precision machining for avionics products.To date, Mr Leong has trained more than 700 engineers and managerial-level staff from various industries. He has also trained five groups of engineers in Mandarin, including two groups from Mainland China.
|Mon, Tue, Wed, Thu||09:00 AM — 06:00 PM|
|No. of Days:||4|
|No. of Participants:||15|
- In 2004, Wizlogix invested in high-end EDA tools to be used for in-house layout design services and explored into additional services such as PCB prototyping fabrication and assembly.
- In 2007, the Wizlogix Training Hub was established. Working with renowned trainers internationally, we aim to provide technical competency courses and certification programs for local engineers.
- In 2009, we further expanded to specialize in quick turn prototyping, New Product Introduction (NPI) and High Mix Low Volume (HMLV) builds.
- With the aim of expanding like an MNC, Wizlogix embarked on improving employee engagement through HR Capability Programmes in 2011.
- In 2012, we became an IPC member to gear ourselves towards a worldwide industry standard in PCB qualities acceptance.
- By 2013, Wizlogix was involved in the PCB layout of a joint commercial satellite design and development project between DSO and NTU, and the satellite design for Singapore Technologies. They are now known as ST (Satellite System). Since then, we became part of the space ecosystem in the government’s efforts towards nurturing this new industry. ...