This course aims to equip participants with knowledge on basic healthcare and home care such as providing oral feeding, personal grooming and hygiene services. On course completion, participants will be able to work as Health Care Assistants (HCA) in the Community Care sector especially in the nursing homes.
This course consisted of 2 main components:
- Off-The-Job/Classroom Training (120 hours) at Kwong Wai Shiu Hospital (KWSH) over 17 weeks (1 full day per week)
- On-The-Job Training (1600 hours) at respective nursing homes over 6 months program for staff with nursing certificate or 12 months program for staff with non-nursing certificate.
*Duration is subjected to ITE’s evaluation
Participants can look forward to employment opportunities in the Community Care sector with excellent opportunities for career advancement
This course is approved by the Institute of Technical Education (ITE) and delivered by ITE-approved trainers from KWSH. KWSH is appointed by ITE as the Industry Training Center for the Community Care Sector for the ITE Skills Certificate (ISC) in Healthcare (Home Care)
- Local Participants
- At least Secondary 3 education
- Currently employed as Nursing Aide or Health Care Assistant in the Community Care sector such as Nursing Homes, Community Hospitals etc
- At least 1 year’s working experience in a Nursing Home
- Foreign Participants
- Able to read and write English at the standard equivalent to Secondary 3 in Singapore
- Currently employed as a Nursing Aide or Health Care Assistant with Work Permit in the Community Care sector such as Nursing Homes, Community Hospitals etc.
- Nursing Aide applying for this course must have a nursing certificate
- At least 6 months’ working experience in a Nursing Home
(65) 6422 1300
|Wed||08:30 AM — 05:30 PM|
|Tue||08:30 AM — 05:30 PM|
|No. of Days:||17|
Kwong Wai Shiu Hospital (KWSH) was established in 1910 and is currently the Singapore’s largest single-site nursing home which boasts 624 beds spread over a 12-storey nursing home building. Staffed by about 400 trained and professional employees, our In-patient Department (IPD), Rehabilitation Centre and Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM) Centre serve thousands of patients every month. Despite being a charitable organisation that is heavily dependent on public support and donations, KWSH remains focused on providing quality care and services to the elderly who is sick and needy (frail and with significant difficulties in activities of daily living, has dementia or chronic illness) regardless of race, language or religion.
KWSH’s Mission is to provide Quality, Comprehensive and Convenient healthcare services to the needy in Singapore. KWSH’s Vision is to be a Leading Community Healthcare Hub in Singapore.
Kwong Wai Shiu Hospital (KWSH) is appointed by AIC’s (Agency for Integrated Care) as the Learning Institute for the Community Care sector. Course fee subsidies of up to 90% from AIC are available for staff working in eligible Community Care organisations. KWSH has established the Community Training Institute (CTI), a dedicated training arm, ...