In a business climate where work projects grow in complexity and responsibilities are constantly expanding, certification stands as a clear testimony to your qualifications, knowledge and skills.
As a printed circuit designer, you deserve the benefits and recognition of IPC Designer an Advanced Designer certification to take advantage of career opportunities opening up in outsourcing and concurrent engineering. These certifications are powerful tools you can use to promote your capabilities to any employer involved in the production of printed circuit boards and assemblies.
The IPC Designers Council recognises that the most effective designers must have a solid foundation in PCB fabrication and assembly. Following this course, you will be able to transform a schematic into a reliable rigid design, which can be easily manufactured, assembled and tested.
Who Should Attend?
- Hardware Engineers
- Electronic Product Designers
- CAD Layout Designer
- PCB Designer & DFM PCB Engineers
- R&D Engineer in Electronics-related Industry
- Managers and Personnel Involved with Electronics Board Design, PCB Design and Layout
*This is an ONLINE REMOTE TRAINING course.*
Important Information for remote online training
Online Course Duration is changed to 7 days from ordinary 4 days (3 days triaining + 1 day exam) of physical course.
This remote online training (live stream only) spends 6 days of training and the 7th day is the exam. The normal onsite training is 3 days. In view of WFH (Work From Home) situation, it is recommended 2 to 2.5 hours of training for AM and PM session. AM session is to be live streamed at 9.30-11.30am and PM session is live streamed at 2-4pm. The actual hours may be slightly longer depending on any questions arising from participants. A break interval of 5 min is scheduled after 1 hour of lecture. The training sessions cannot be recorded as per IPC policy on remote online training conducted. Participants are advised to prepare in advance the study guide and to take notes during the remote online live stream training.
Copy the link to your browser for Course Brochure:
Training Grants Available! Email us at or Call us at for more information & registration!
What you will learn
Following this course, you will be able to transform a schematic into a reliable rigid design, which can be easily manufactured, assembled and tested. The certification test is based on several critical IPC documents that link design principles to the end product use of the printed circuit board.
- Chapter 1 Design Considerations
- Chapter 2 Thermal, Reliability & Testing Issues
- Chapter 3 Physical Board Principles
- Chapter 4 Component Types
- Chapter 5 Component & Assembly Issues
- Chapter 6 Board Surface Treatments
- Chapter 7 Documentation & Dimensioning
- Chapter 8 Schematic & Logic Diagrams
- Chapter 9 Fabrication & Tolerancing Requirements
- Chapter 10 Assembly Documentation & BOMs
- Certification Exam 2 hours
Achieve a passing score of 73% to obtain the Life-time IPC Certified Interconnect Designers (CID) certificate.
Ms Cheah Soo Lan was appointed as a PCB Designer Certified CID (2007) and CID+ (2010) Trainer by IPC USA for Southeast Asia, China and India. She was later appointed the Master Trainer (Design-CID) in 2013 under IPC (US) for Asia-Pacific. To-date, she has taught led approximately 400 participants (in Malaysia/Singapore) through the workshop & exam since 2007.
Soo Lan is currently the volunteer co-chairman for IPD Designers Council (Southeast Asia). She helps to promote IPC standards with a focus on technical consulting, professional technical education and content development. With more than 25 years of working experience, Soo Lan has expertise across a broad range of subjects including signal integrity, CAD tools, electrical modelling and characterisations and circuit simulation. In addition to PCB layout design, she is also well versed in Analog IC layout design. Over the years, she has conducted presentations in various conferences as well as workshops and trainings for numerous in-house high-speed design courses. She has also conducted training with many well-known companies in Malaysia and Singapore, including Intel, Avago, Motorola, Plexus, Bose, SOME, Benchmark and more.
Soo Lan graduated with a BEng (Hons) from the University of Essex (UK) in 1993, and an MSc (Microelectronics) from the National University of Singapore in 1999.
|Mon, Tue, Wed, Thu, Fri||09:00 AM — 05:00 PM|
|No. of Days:||7|
|No. of Participants:||30|
- In 2004, Wizlogix invested in high-end EDA tools to be used for in-house layout design services and explored into additional services such as PCB prototyping fabrication and assembly.
- In 2007, the Wizlogix Training Hub was established. Working with renowned trainers internationally, we aim to provide technical competency courses and certification programs for local engineers.
- In 2009, we further expanded to specialize in quick turn prototyping, New Product Introduction (NPI) and High Mix Low Volume (HMLV) builds.
- With the aim of expanding like an MNC, Wizlogix embarked on improving employee engagement through HR Capability Programmes in 2011.
- In 2012, we became an IPC member to gear ourselves towards a worldwide industry standard in PCB qualities acceptance.
- By 2013, Wizlogix was involved in the PCB layout of a joint commercial satellite design and development project between DSO and NTU, and the satellite design for Singapore Technologies. They are now known as ST (Satellite System). Since then, we became part of the space ecosystem in the government’s efforts towards nurturing this new industry. ...